Ken Rubino Jr.
Ken has spent his entire professional career working for three prominent leaders. The first was The President of the United States when he served in the United States Navy directly after high school where he learned discipline, attention to detail and loyalty. His second career stop became his proving ground for his successful marketing career. He worked his way up the ladder under the tutelage of an industry icon for 16 years going from the mail room to the executive board room as Vice President. Ken learned every aspect of marketing and honed his skills during this decade and a half stint working at an ad agency. These two positions led him to today where he is the proud leader of a team of marketers with a passion for what they do. Looking at marketing through a new lens is his driving force at work. At home, it is family first, then sports, then wine. All of which he participates in with the same vigor as his client service.
10 Questions You Might Be Afraid To Ask Ken…
- Why did you get into marketing?
- After a short stint in the U.S. Navy I just stepped in it. Marketing that is. The stars aligned and I was given an opportunity to work for an ad agency under the tutelage of an industry icon. My knack for impacting the decisions of consumers quickly became an obsession and I’m still in awe of the power of marketing.
- What is your idea of creativity?
- Creativity is driven by the recipient of said creative. ANYTHING and ANYONE can be creative in their own way which is why it is such a beautiful concept.
- Regular or Crunchy Peanut Butter?
- Regular…and Jif only!
- If you could have dinner with 3 people, dead or alive, who would they be?
- Bill Clinton, Wayne Gretzky & Socrates
- Favorite TV or Movie Character of ALL TIME
- Tony Soprano
- If you weren’t in this field of work, what would you be doing?
- Teaching special needs children.
- Coolest vacation you’ve ever taken?
- Africa (close second…the motherland Italy)
- A little-known fact about yourself…
- I had two imaginary friends growing up…their names were Joey & Peach. Yes Peach!
- Favorite superhero?
- Superman (I’ll put the man of steel up against any dumb current so-called hero)
- One place on earth you would like to visit before you die…
- Birthplace of my ancestry…Palermo, Italy